Thank you for considering a career with Pioneer Human Services and Pioneer Industries!
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Mechanic to support the upkeep and repair of manufacturing machinery at all three of our production plants!
WHO WE ARE
Pioneer Human Services is a social enterprise that provides individuals with criminal histories the opportunity to lead healthy, productive lives. For over 50 years we have proudly served our clients with professionalism and empathy.
Pioneer Industries has over 110,000 square feet of manufacturing space. Capabilities include comprehensive sheet metal fabrication, machining, finishing, water jet and assembly services for a wide range of current products in the aerospace and commercial industries.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Repair, installs, adjust, or maintain manufacturing machinery. Provide predictive and preventive maintenance to machines. Use root cause analysis, mechanical aptitude and computer programs. Operate forklift, scissor lift, and manual lifts. Use schematics, line diagrams, and blueprints along with maintenance and measurement tools. Additional Duties include:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Five plus years working with CNC equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical/ electronics’ and mechanical systems and apparatus.
- Equipment Used: Forklift, Scissor lift, and Man-lift.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must wear safety protective equipment as required (i.e., safety glasses, gloves & foot protection).
- Must be able to sit or stand continuously for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, and reach out and above shoulders.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Stability: we have over 50 years of success in Washington state.
- Impact: Pioneer provides a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
- Reputation: we are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington state.
- Tuition assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of the tuition for a bachelor’s degree, and 50% for graduate programs.
- Retirement plan: Pioneer contributes 4.5% of an employees’ annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee recognition programs: gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and other items.
- Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefit plan.
- Participation in the life assistance program.
- Public transportation reimbursement.
Pioneer human services is an equal opportunity employer of minorities/women/individuals with disabilities/protected veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the law poster EEO is the law poster supplement
PIONEER HUMAN SERVICES IS A DRUG FREE COMPANY
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.