At the DKB Foundation (DKBFoundation.org), we challenge the myths and misconceptions about employing people with criminal backgrounds and offer a powerful alternative example. Our mission to galvanize the business community to adopt and implement Second Chance Employment began as practitioners and proponents of this work ourselves. Since establishing the foundation in 2015 we’ve met incredible individuals and companies across the country working to accomplish the same great work, we hope you’ll join us!
The Business Liaison oversees the creation, coordination and administration of all aspects of the Second Chance Business Program including planning, organizing, coaching, and implementing and evaluating program activities. This position is based out of Milwaukie, Oregon.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/MAJOR DUTIES
Plan and develop the delivery of the Second Chance Business Program and its activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the Dave’s Killer Bread Foundation.
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program.
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program.
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
- Develop forms and records to document program activities.
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program.
- Confer with other organization partners to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery.
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Write reports on the program for management and for funders.
- Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements.
- Ensure that the program operate within the approved budget.
- Monitor all budgeted program expenditures.
- Ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date.
- Ensure financial reports and supporting documentation for funders are prepared as outlined in funding agreements.
- Provide required information to have invoices generated and submitted to funders according to the established timelines.
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework. Report evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate.
- Maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.).
- Perform other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Exceptional communication skills. Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Innovation skills. Ability to develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Experience in identifying and focusing on client needs. Ability to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Demonstrated leadership experience. Ability to positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Strong decision-making capabilities. Ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear and timely decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Strategic planning experience. Ability to determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities. Ability to problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite or Google G Suite. Google Drive proficiency preferred.
- Past experience using databases helpful.
- Prior work experience or knowledge of best practices in recruitment, learning and development, or human resource policies helpful.
High school degree or equivalent required.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 6/26/19. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Gretchen Peterson at Gretchen.Peterson@flocorp.com or 503 3358077.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Job Segment: Strategic Planning, Strategy