The HVAC Technician is responsible for performing field service maintenance, as well as remedial and emergency repair on telecommunication and data centers relating to HVAC equipment. This individual shall at all times uphold the foundational goals of Sabre: Client Service, Quality, and Safety to enhance the integrity for which the organization has become known.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ability to demonstrate competency with 3-5 ton wall packs and pre-package comfort systems along with installation and diagnostics to ensure the completion of service at a very high, professional level
- Test electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Test pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks, using a pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution.
- Layout and connect electrical wiring between the controls and equipment according to the wiring diagram.
- Troubleshoot low voltage control systems and alarms.
- Complete all necessary safety training provided by Sabre
- Complete all necessary technical training provided by Sabre
- At all times, maintain safe work practices as outlined in the Sabre Safety Manual, as well as other safety and quality directives issued by Management
- Read and understand general Sabre project and safety documents
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain HVAC equipment and all related components
- Perform preventative maintenance and test electrical circuits and components
Qualifications/ Job Requirements:
- Valid driver s license with a clean driving record
- Knowledge of HVAC codes and their proper application
- Knowledge of NEC codes and their proper application
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with internal and external customers.
- Extensive daily travel with independent work structure
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls as required (24/7)
- Universal refrigerant card (include 410a) EPA 608. Types 1, 2, and 3
- Good knowledge of electronic controls, power wiring, and microprocessor systems
- Some knowledge of low voltage power 24 & 48 Volts DC.
- Good knowledge of alarming installation using dry contacts NO/NC
- PC skills with emphasis on Microsoft and internet products
- Understanding of telecommunications and data processing operations
- Practice safe working procedures in compliance with OSHA regulations
- Ability to learn from various instruction methods, as well as self-study
- Ability to read and understand general job related documents
- Previous construction and/or construction industry experience preferred
Sabre Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A Fair Chance job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday