The Chef Partner contributes to the success of Buca di Beppo through the direction and control of restaurant operations to ensure a positive guest experience and company profitability. The Chef Partner’s responsibility is to direct the operation of the restaurant, attain sales, cost controls, and profit objectives, maintain the highest standards of food quality, service, cleanliness, safety and sanitation by assisting in the direction and supervising of managers and family members.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
The following list is not inclusive of additional responsibilities that may be requested by the Manager on duty.
ENSURE A HIGH QUALITY OPERATION
• Ensure the production of high quality foods on a consistent basis.
• Ensure all kitchen functions are performed according to Buca di Beppo’s guidelines.
• Direct kitchen activities and performance of heart of the house members on a shift-by-shift basis.
• Ensure positive Guest experience by monitoring and ensuring timely delivery of food product.
• Follow standardized recipes, preparation, portioning and presentation procedures.
• Maintain organized kitchen, dish, and storage areas.
• Maintain and inspect food receiving, preparation, production, and storage areas to ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times. Correct unsafe practices or conditions.
• Supervise cleaning and maintenance of equipment and arrange for repairs, contracts, and other services. Maintain kitchen cleanliness and organization for both the interior and exterior of the restaurant.
• Follow the Ten Points of Difference and Guest Standards of Execution as described in the Manager Training Orientation Workbook.
• Oversee FOH staffing when needed, ensuring that adequate staffing is maintained and that overtime is minimized. Ensures sales forecasting and schedules reflect desired productivity and match daily labor controls.
• Manage FOH when needed, responsible for the overall restaurant operation during Paisano Partners absence.
• Manages and schedules departments as required in absence of the Partner. Ensures proper staffing levels for departments and shifts. Ensures ongoing development of staff. Implements manpower plan for hourly staffing.
• Ensures that all meal and rest breaks are provided when required.
• Ensures that proper cash handling procedures are followed. Balances cash on hand with End of Day report, if closing manager. Prepares cash drawers and performs cash drop at end of AM shift. Disburses petty cash as required.
• Prepares reports at end of shift.
• When needed check in liquor, wine and beer ensuring company is billed for proper amount. Write a check for liquor, wine and beer to vendors where required by state law.
Who we’re looking for – Quality and Integrity! We will search for, and retain, only the most sincere and enthusiastic family members. The quality and integrity of our family will be the catalyst for our commitment to the service of our guests and the profitability of our company. Our teamwork and humor will create a tremendous loyalty among our team and guests, making us sought after by both. Celebrate while you work!
About Us: With locations from New York City to Honolulu, Buca di Beppo restaurants embody the Italian traditions of food, friendship and hospitality. Dishes enjoyed for generations in villages throughout Italy inspire the menu, which features both Northern and Southern Italian favorites. While the food has pleased millions of palates from coast-to-coast, Buca di Beppo is equally famous for its quirky décor and upbeat atmosphere. For more information: visit http://www.bucadibeppo.com
Qualifications: You must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible for employment. Buca, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. We do not discriminate in our employment opportunities on any basis protected by law.