To analyze and evaluate a location needs as they relate to information systems, review how they line up with the existing systems and when necessary initiate a Task Request for enhancements to the system to satisfy needs. Work with corporate materials and MIS to determine if feasible to handle the development work at the location, when decided that the TSS II is best suited to perform the development work the TSSII will take on the development task.
Uses established procedures to perform duties to satisfy locations information needs.
* Performs duties as detailed in the TSSI job description.
* Works with location PLT, managers and floor supervisors to determine appropriate system solutions to problems.
* Generates Task Requests detailing system enhancements to improve location’s performance.
* Works with corporate materials and MIS to determine the appropriate functional area to handle development on system enhancements.
* When it is determined that the Task Request can be handled at the location level, assigns the ticket to reflect this decision and works with corporate materials to log detailed information on the proposed solution for the enhancement.
* This position will work with MIS to insure consistency in the development of programs written by the TSS II.
* Implementation of enhancements to the system will be coordinated by this position. When locally developed this position will take the lead position in implementation, when developed at the corporate level this position will coordinate the implementation effort.
* Act as liaison between the location and corporate MIS.
* Create custom queries as required at location.
* Participate in tactical planning to provide input as to appropriate system support and solutions to improve location’s performance.
* In-depth knowledge of information available in the AWC query database.
* Understanding of AWC system processes as they relate to a location’s business processes.
* Ability to work independently and in team settings.
* Ability to gather information from system users and determine system requirements.
* Ability to create database designs and process flow diagrams
* Ability to identify and communicate development project schedules.
* Ability to use AWC MIS approved tools to perform coding of projects (Current tools include; Visual Basic, Crystal Reports, True DBGrid, Word, Excel, Access, SQL Server)
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Excellent people skills
* Knowledge of manufacturing in a process orientated industry
* Knowledge of material flow and transactional requirements in a vertical integrated “make to order” or “built to order” environment.
May have an entry level direct report.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Experience and Skills)
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer and Information Science or equivalent level of experience
* AWC TSS Development Training Program Certification (achieved by participating in the AWC TSS development training program and achieving a passing grade, with sign offs by the corporate materials and core systems manager)
* Demonstrates development skills on current projects.
* 1-3 years experience in system development or technical systems support role.
* Minimum of one year’s experience as a TSS at the location that has the need for a TSS II.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Lifting requirements are typically less than 20 pounds on an infrequent basis.
Typically works in an office environment or occasionally on or around the manufacturing floor. The noise level is usually moderate. Occasional weekend work required.