Overall Coordination of all training materials and training activities meeting and/or exceeding established plant goals and compliance with our training policy.
1. Lead the training efforts for cultural and technical training in a manner that ensures our employees have the training that they need to perform the work that they do. This includes utilizing the approved curriculum, effective and knowledgeable subject matter experts conduct the training, and that it gets recorded in a timely manner.
2. Coordinate On boarding and technical training for new employees both hourly and salaried to ensure that all employees are adequately trained and prepared to perform their jobs. This may include the direct supervision of new hourly employees during their introductory period.
3. Proactively work with operations leaders to anticipate training needs and to work to address needs in a timely manner.
4. Conduct Peer Trainer Certification classes to certify employees as peer trainers.
5. Serve as training liaison with Corporate Training and Development, to ensure consistency company-wide and to participate on cross function teams as needed. This may include helping to provide assistance with training needs at other locations as needed as well as assist with the on boarding of new Training Specialists for the Company.
6. Ensure standardization in training processes, tools and curriculums within plant and between like plants.
7. Provide timely training reports as needed.
8. Identifies unaddressed training needs and raises issues accordingly so that they can be addressed.
9. Develop training materials in support of local and corporate training needs.
10. Supports all areas of the operations including Production, Quality and Materials areas in order to provide adequate training to introduce new product as well as processes.
11. Maintains accurate and complete employee files concerning training & development profiles for salary and hourly employees.
12. Manage the administration, documentation, and coordinates the process of Hands-on Training. This includes: ensuring that Job Instruction Breakdowns are documented and up to date for all jobs and operations.
13. Develops and implements training and visual job aids as required.
14. Purchases, organizes and maintains training and development resources and equipment for the plant.
15. Ensures policies are followed and provides guidance.
16. Effectively utilize all resources to maximum potential performance to achieve SQDC goals.
17. Support and represent company as a union-free environment
18. Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
19. Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
20. Role model CITE and Working in Teams principles.
21. Perform other tasks as directed by direct supervisor.
This position typically has no direct supervision responsibilities, but will give direction during orientation and training activities.